Wednesday 12 December 2012

Hello, High low!

Hey guys!

     Every retail outlet seems to have stocked these hi-lo (some shops refer to them as waterfall, asymmetric or dip hem) pieces even for the colder season. Whether its a skirt, a shirt, jumper or a dress, you can always dress them up or use them to put together a casual outfit.

I personally have a couple of high low shirts and a jumper which I absolutely love.
Here are some outfits ideas which I put together:

Outfit #1: Grunge

In this outfit, I put on a khaki sweater from Dorothy Perkins (you can find it here), over a dip hem black dress. You can find a similar one from Topshop here. This is a perfect way to dress down a very elegant dress and make a whole new outfit. I added a pair of taupe Jeffrey Campbell Litas, and although they are really easy to walk in, one might opt for a more relaxed look and put on a pair of brown military boots. These ones are from ALDO. For accessories, I decided to go for a bronze chain necklace and stack up some bracelets and rings (both from asos). Just add a brown satchel and you're ready to go!

Outfit #2: Coral


Whether you believe it or not, this is the same dress used in the previous outfit. However, this is a totally different look and definitely more classy. For shoes I went for a pair of black suede Jeffrey Campbell Tardy. Black dress: check. Black shoes: check. Boring outfit: check. Blazers are a perfect way to add some colour to a plain outfit. I chose this gorgeous coral blazer and this khaki clutch from Miss Selfridge which are a perfect combination since their colours are complimentary. For accessories, I chose to keep it simple and just put on a pair of elegant black and gold studs, which go with the gold waist belt. 


Outfit #3: Preppy

This time, I chose to style a floral dip hem shirt. Although jeggings are a definite no for short and crop tops, I tolarate their use when combined with a long shirt (or any top really). These pair of maroon jeggings look amazing, and paired with a cream brogue make the ideal spring outfit. However, we're still in the A/W season, so I added a cream (or limestone) leather jacket from oasis. For accessories, I decided not to wear any except for this cute mint bag. 

Outfit #4 Lazy  

You know those days when you feel like doing absolutely nothing? This outfit is perfect for those kind of days because it very laid back and doesn't need any thinking really. First, the cobalt blue dip hem jumper from Miss Selfridge. Put on a pair of suede leggings (these ones are from New Look) for comfort and some long boots. I chose a huge black hobo bag (in which you can put anything and there's still space) for an even more relaxed look. To finish off, put on a snood and you're ready for the day. 

Outfit #5: Edgy

On the other hand, this outfit is for those nights when you feel like a diva and ready to rock the red carpet (or maybe just your outdoor carpet). I chose to create on outfit using this champagne pink high low skirt. If you're feeling confident enough to show off some skin, go for a bralet. Do not go over the top or else you'll look trashy. This teal bralet is also from Miss Selfrige, which you can purchase here. Up till now, the outfit is a really girly one, so I added a black leather jacket to toughen it up and a pair of black sandals from River Island (on asos) for an edgier look. For accessories, I chose to go with rose gold, specifically this Coach watch which I'm sure is in many wishlists this Christmas. 

Outfit #6 : Uber Urban


And finally, the last outfit. Again, I chose a dip hem skirt, but for a really different look. As you can see, this one is more for those who are daring enough to combine dip hem with sneakers. The teal colour of the skirt and the orange turtle neck (the famous crop turtle neck from American Apparel) are both bright pieces so I decided to chose everything else in one colour. Grey. In my opinion it is one of the most under rated colours. Grey sneakers and a grey beanie from Topshop are the two things which make the outfit urbanized. To finish off, I added a washed grey denim jacket for the cold weather. 

What is your opinion on high low clothing? 

-R x

No comments:

Post a Comment