Saturday 22 December 2012

'Tis The Season To Be Shopping

Hey guys!

  Well, most of you, at least I am, are doing a whole lot of shopping these days. I've been raiding online retail shops this month, buying so much stuff that I'll probably never use. However, I just received my pieces for Christmas' and New Years' eve (thank god they arrived on time!).

Every now and then I search through my wardrobe to find some pieces that I forgot about or actually trying to find something I remember and forgot were I've put it. Each time I do this search, I notice I have a bunch of dresses which I bought for special occasions and never got to wear them again. For this very reason, before I chose what to search for this year's celebrations, I decided that I needed something which I can either transform into several different outfits, or something which I can add a jumper or another clothing piece to dress it down.

I finally went with these 2 babies :

This top (almost looks like brocade) hits 3 mayor trends for this season: peplum, baroque, and metallics. The deep scoop neck, gold pattern and its material makes this top a gorgeous piece to own. I planned to wear this over a high-waisted black skirt, which makes it look like a peplum dress. You can always pair it with a pair of black trousers and heels for a night out, or over shorts (I actually really like peplum over shorts, in fact I've tried this top over a burgundy pair which I mentioned here) for a more casual look. Before I forget, you can grab this top for 16 here.


Ok. This dress is amazeballs. Having pleather shoulders with gold studs (both flat and spiked studs) and an amazing fit, this dress is definitely one of the best buys for this year. Its material is surprisingly very good (boohoo tends to let me down on this aspect), and even though it doesn't have a side zip, it's very easy to wear. I'm planning to wear this with a coat (maybe grey or black?) and a pair of coloured heels. For a more casual look, I can always add a jumper and use it as a skirt, or maybe add an open parka for an urban look. They even do it in khaki which makes the pleather shoulders stand out more. You can click here to see the khaki version or buy this dress at just 22€!

As you can see, I kept within a low budget, and I don't regret it for a sec!

So what will you be wearing this Christmas and New Years' Eve?

-R x


No comments:

Post a Comment