Monday 3 December 2012

The Era of De Nîmes

Hey guys!

Recently, one of my best friends asked me how she should style her denim shirt as she always end up more or less with the same outfit every time she feels like wearing it. First things first. Denim. Why is it such a staple piece to have? Well, it goes with almost everything! Leather, fur, animal prints, double denim (careful with this one!), knitwear and anything else, you name it. It also goes with different colours and any pattern.

This year, a denim shirt was a must. Whether you wear it as a layering piece or on its own, in my opinion, the shirt makes an outfit. I bought my denim shirt from Stradivarius, which you can find here. As soon as a saw the studded collars (which are also a bang on trend this year)  I immediately grabbed it and bought it.

Here are some outfits which I put together for any of you who are stuck with the basic, denim-shirt-with-black-bottoms, outfit.


In this outfit, I added an oxblood studded jumper to throw over the denim shirt. You can find jumpers in almost every shop now that the A/W collections are out. These forest green creepers, which I might add are to die for, compliment the berry colour in the outfit. A tan satchel was chosen to go with the tan vamp of the creepers. Plain black trousers were a must so as not to have too much colours going on and these awesome glasses were added to have some quirkiness. 




An open denim shirt with a white printed tee is the perfect combination. To spice up the outfit, I've added these lovely tartan trousers by Ralph Lauren (I'm pretty sure my purse just shouted : ouch! ) and this gorgeous fringe necklace. For a grungier look, I've teamed this outfit with black military boots and backpack.


Denim shirt can also be used for more a urban look. I've chosen to team this denim shirt with a black faux leather jacket. Capri pants can always make an outfit look a bit more chic. These camel pair were one option. You can also wear camel leggings (if the shirt is long enough!). A spiked necklace on top of a denim shirt will make it look more edgy. And finally, the blue suede shoes (Elvis would approve of this outfit! ).

Hope this helped you!

-R x

No comments:

Post a Comment